This stream has now been discontinued.
Welcome to the Northern NJ Passenger Operations Stream!
This is a temporary stream in that the host will be relocating sometime in 2013, so enjoy it while you can!
This is a high elevation, wide coverage area receiver covering passenger operations only. Do you commute by rail in northern NJ? Monitor this feed on your smart phone and stay on top of what’s happening. (Of course, be courteous to your fellow commuters and use your ear buds.)
The receiver scans the following channels:
AAR 060 - 161.0100 - Amtrak NEC
AAR 086 - 161.4000 - NJ Transit Hoboken Division
AAR 075 - 161.2350 - NJ Transit Newark Division
· Amtrak NEC includes:
- Amtrak and NJ Transit passenger operations from New York Penn Station to Morrisville, PA.
· NJ Transit Hoboken Division includes:
- Main Line from Hoboken to Suffern.
- Bergen County Line from Hoboken to Suffern.
- Pascack Valley Line from Hoboken to Spring Valley.
- Meadowlands Rail Line from Hoboken to The Meadowlands Sports Complex.
- Montclair-Boonton Line from New York Penn and Hoboken to Hackettstown.
- Morristown Line from New York Penn and Hoboken to Dover.
- Gladstone Branch from Summit (Morristown Line) to Gladstone.
· NJ Transit Newark Division includes:
- Princeton Branch from Princeton Junction to Princeton.
- North Jersey Coast Line from New York Penn Station and Hoboken to Bay Head.
- Raritan Valley Line from Newark Penn Station to High Bridge.
A map of NJ Transit Rail Operations can be found here:
Key locations on this territory are documented in
“The Railfan’s Guide for Google Earth” available for download at:
Note that this is a large file and may take some time to load in Google Earth.